Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Cluster Hire in Latinxs and Democracy
July 15, 2021
The University of California, Berkeley seeks applicants for four tenure track (assistant professor) positions and one tenured (associate or full professor) position in the area of “Latinxs and Democracy,” with a focus on the US-centered Latinx experience and a potential start date of July 1, 2022. Successful junior candidates will be invited to join one or more of the following units: College of Letters and Science (Departments of Sociology, Demography, and Political Science), School of Social Welfare, and School of Public Health. The senior, tenured position will be in the Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies Program in the Department of Ethnic Studies (College of Letters and Science).
Junior candidates should note that:
- Public Health seeks a candidate that examines the impact of public policies on the health of the U.S. Latinx population
- Political Science seeks a Latino Politics scholar whose record centers the US Latinx experience in the areas of political behavior, institutions, and representation, among others
- Social Welfare seeks a candidate in multilevel practice whose scholarship on Latinx communities is attuned to professional practice and policy (MSW preferred, but not required)
- Sociology invites candidates that draw on a variety of social science methods and approaches, including demography and transnational/transborder studies
- Demography seeks a dual-appointed candidate that will be shared with any of the departments/schools listed above
Senior, tenured (Associate or Full) applicants for the Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies position should note that the program seeks a social scientist with an established research and teaching/mentoring record.
For more information about the position, including required qualifications and application materials, go to https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF02941. The deadline to apply is September 30, 2021. For questions, please contact the search administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Berkeley is an AA/EEO employer.